Reservations & Waitlist
- While walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. If you walk in and the class is full, we appreciate your understanding.
- In order to reserve online you must have positive class credits (note: class packages can be purchased online).
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Click here to schedule a class!
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces often open up regularly as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification.
- Please confirm you received the notification by following these steps to confirm your spot online:
- Log into your account.
- Click on My Info.
- Click on My Schedule.
- My Schedule will list all the classes you are currently in as well as classes that you have been added to from the waitlist.
- Click on “Class Level” (ie, Mixed, Level 2) for the class that you can confirm
- In the Notes box within Visit Details, you can write “Confirmed”. Then click Update.
- This will notify us that you are coming to class and we will mark you as confirmed.
- Reminder: Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for confirming or cancelling your spot.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with more than 60 minutes prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation you will be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the 2-hour cancellation window (10 hours for classes that start at or before 9am); if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
- If you are moved off the waitlist less than 60 minutes before the start of class you will not be charged
Cancellations & No-shows
- You must cancel prior to two hours before the start of class (10 hours for classes that start at or before 9am) to avoid a late fee.
- If you are a Bar Method Member, or use another unlimited package, you will be charged $10 if you cancel within the late cancel window and $20 if you are a no-show.
- If you use a class package, you will lose one class.
- If you are added to a class from the waitlist and not able to attend, you must cancel in accordance with the standard cancellation policy to avoid penalty.
- You may cancel online only
- We do not accept email or phone cancellations
- Policies subject to change.
Late Arrival to Class
- If this is your first Bar Method class, please arrive 10-15 minutes early as there is no admittance for first-timers once class has started. First-timers will need to complete the new client form before the start of class.
- Returning clients may enter up to 5 minutes after class has started, but please note that your spot may be taken by standby clients if you are not at the studio when class begins.
- Late-comers must lift their knees 30 times prior to joining class.
- If class has been in session for more than 5 minutes, returning students will not be permitted to join. We strictly adhere to this policy for the safety of our clients. Mahalo for your understanding.
- Socks that cover the entire foot, exercise pants to the knee or below (compression shorts must be worn underneath if pants are loose fitting), and tops that cover midriff and waistband of pants.
- To maintain a clean studio, socks must be on PRIOR to entering the studio and must stay covering the entire foot throughout class.
No one under the age of 17 is permitted at The Bar Method Honolulu. This includes taking class and sitting in the waiting area. Although we love your Keiki, we cannot allow you to bring your children to the studio. They may not sit in the lobby while you take class. We do not have the insurance or licenses for offering childcare. If you bring a child with you, we will have to ask you both to leave. Children at the age of 17 may attend class, but must have a signed PARENTAL-PERMISSION-AND-CONSENT-WAIVER
- Cell phones are not allowed in the exercise studios during class. If you are on call or have a pager you need for emergencies, you may leave it at the front desk and we will come get you out of class.
- Please do not chew gum in the studio during class.
- Drinks other than water are not permitted in the studio. Water must be capped and in a container that is not glass.
- The Bar Method is a wonderful workout for women throughout their entire pregnancy. We do require new and continuing pregnant clients to provide a doctor’s note that allows permission to take strengthening and stretching classes. This note must be brought in on or prior to your first class if you are new to Bar Method. If you are an existing client, please bring this note in as soon as you know you are pregnant. We also have a form you can send to your doctor. Email email@example.com or ask the front desk if you would like this form. Please inform your teacher you are pregnant prior to class time.
- Pregnant clients new to the Bar Method must have previously taken a “bar-based” class or the at home Bar Method Pregnancy DVD a minimum of 5 times.
- We have adopted several modifications for your safety and comfort that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy. Our teachers will always take the time to go over these modifications with you.
Illness & Injuries
- If you have a heart condition, epilepsy, lupus, or severe sciatica, we require a doctor’s note on your first visit that allows you to take “stretching and strengthening classes.”
- Please always check in with your teacher if an existing injury or illness changes or if something new comes up.
- Our teachers are expertly trained to provide modifications for almost all situations. Just ask!
Corrections In Classes
- Our teachers are expertly trained to ensure our clients are in the safest, most effective form in class to change your body.
- You will be verbally and physically adjusted throughout class to keep you mentally focused and your muscles engaged.
- Please allow yourself 10 to 15 extra minutes to find parking and ensure you make it to class on time.
- There is parking on site at the studio.
- In addition, there is ample metered street parking on S King Street and the Pucks Alley parking garage a block away.